Sunday 12 June 2011

Home is where the vintage heart is - Twinwood Festival

I can't believe I haven't gotten round yet to blog about this event!
THE event on my hometurf!

The Twinwood Festival is a huge 1940s and 1950s music and dance event dedicated to Glenn Miller!
And this year is a very special one because it's the 10th anniversary! I've been living in this area for a while now but I have never made it there, can you believe it? Last year I had visitors, the previous years I'd been to Austria or just plainly out of money. But this year I am more than determined to go! Come what may!

The festival is from the 27th of August until the 29th of August and takes place in Clapham, which is a village very near Bedford. It is also the home of the Glenn Miller museum, Glenn Millers history with Bedford and Clapham is so very intriguing - read HERE more about the background.

The festival will provide non-stop live music throughout the days and nights with various dancefloors to hop around to swing, jazz, jive and rock'n'roll from our favourite eras the 40s and 50s!
And of course countless stalls with vintage clothing and accessories, make-up and hairstyling, etc. I am also very excited about the fashion shows, air displays, re-enactors and all the living history around!

Another great excitement for this year is the attempt to break the Guinness World Record at the world largest swing dance! This will happen on Sunday the 28th at approx. 7.30 pm in the main arena.
Come and hop along!

Please have a look at the website for the brilliant line-up, more information about ticket prices and the campsite and don't forget to check out the photo gallery!




(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events


(c) Twinwood Events

(c) Twinwood Events

All pictures are courtesy of  Twinwood Events and were all taken at the Festival 2010!



2 comments:

Faith said...

Oh my gosh! I want to go!

Salsa Von Leopard said...

i am so there. it's only a 30 minute drive for me and i only recently discovered it too. looks to be good :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...